THAW has multiple utility assistance programs available. Please see the choices below for one that best meets your needs.
The MEAP program has closed for the season. THAW expects to be able to offer assistance again by mid October.
Missing Documents - Upload Portal
State Emergency Relief (SER)
- Apply for State Emergency Relief (SER)
- Apply Online at newmibridges.michigan.gov.
For additional information you contact your utility provider or United Way 2-1-1 to ask about other resources that may be available. To help you use less energy and reduce your energy costs, use these 30 low-cost, no-cost tips around your house this winter.
DTE Energy – Payment Assistance Resources
Consumers Energy CARE – Payment Assistance Resource Page at United Way Jackson County
SEMCO Energy – Payment Assistance Resource Page
United Way 2-1-1
Detroit Water and Sewerage Department – Customer Service
- DTE Energy – 1-800-477-4747
- SEMCO Energy – 1-800-624-2019
- Detroit Water & Sewerage Department – 1-313-267-8000
- Consumers Energy – 1-800-477-5050
- Michigan Gas Utilities – 1-800-401-6402