Brightmoor Energy & Water Assistance Program
Residents of Brightmoor with minor children and with incomes at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible to receive energy and water assistance through the Brightmoor Energy & Water Assistance Program. THAW works closely with The Brightmoor Alliance and its coalition of organizations to serve northwest Detroit’s Brightmoor community. Their energy & water assistance program helps hundreds of families each year. Assistance funds are limited and distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
You are eligible for support from this program if:
- Your account must be residential (not a commercial account).
- Account must have a past due balance.
- The household ZIP code must be either 48219 or 48223.
- At least one child age 0 to 18 years old must reside in the household.
- Account must be in the applicant’s name. If the account is not in the applicant’s name, the applicant must provide
- A written explanation as to why the responsible party listed on the utility bill is not the one applying for assistance
- A document verifying that the applicant resides at the service address
- All other documents are required to process the application.
- Applicants must pay unauthorized usage charges and security fees.
Household Income Requirements
|Household Size||Monthly Income|
Eligible households must be at or below 200% FPL. The following 2020
guidelines for monthly household income will be in effect:
* For each additional household member, add $373
Frequently Asked Questions
What area of Brightmoor does this program serve?
Residents in zip codes 48219 and 48223 are eligible to apply.
I don’t meet the eligibility requirements, am I still eligible for any programs THAW offers?
THAW encourages you to complete its application for assistance. THAW has programs available that you may qualify for.
I need help completing my THAW application for assistance!
Call 1-800-866-8429 and one of our Utility Assistance Center associates can help guide you through the application process.