News & Events
November 1-5, 2021 Week of Warmth
Reconnecting: People, Power, and Partners
Week of Warmth: November 1 – 5, 2021
Night of Warm Hearts Gala: November 5, MGM Grand Detroit
The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW), in its 36th year of service, is again partnering with DTE Energy for the 2021 Week of Warmth to kick off the Season of Need. The Week of Warmth is a series of activities and events designed to highlight the significant need of thousands of low-income and vulnerable Michiganders who struggle to pay utility bills. The Week of Warmth raises awareness and critical funds to help them meet basic and essential needs. The Night of Warm Hearts Gala on November 5, presented by DTE Energy, caps off The Week of Warmth and is THAW’s signature fundraising event of the year.
The goal of the Week of Warmth is to raise and distribute $1 million in utility assistance. Activities include:
- Hallelujah for Heat, Saturday, October 23 at 7 pm: a gospel concert at Fellowship Chapel in Detroit, featuring Grammy Award-winning artist Kirk Franklin.
- Community Assistance Days: service days in the community led by THAW team members and partners who provide on-the-spot assistance for low-income and vulnerable residents across the state.
- Night of Warm Hearts Gala on Friday, November 5 at 6 pm: an evening that celebrates THAW’s impact, services, and commitment to Michigan residents, an opportunity to honor a trio of dynamic awardees, entertainment, as well as a live and silent auction, and the chance to Fund the Mission.
- Gift of Warmth Telethon on Tuesday, November 30, 5 am – 7 pm: A televised fundraising partnership with WDIV Local 4, sponsored by DTE Energy, to raise funds for utility assistance.
- More than 1.5 million Michigan households, nearly 40 percent of the state’s families, struggle to afford basic needs, including paying their utility bills.
- Every year thousands of Michigan face the possibility of coming home to a cold, dark house.
- For 12 years, the Week of Warmth and Night of Warm Hearts has raised funds for Michigan families to ensure they spend the winter in warm homes.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Heat and Warmth Fund is an independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to stabilize and empower Michigan families, keeping them healthy, safe and warm.
As we continue to assist clients in navigating the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we aim to provide resources that empower Michigan residents to gain stability. Our work is holistic, influencing so many areas of life – children need access to electricity as they engage in school activities at home. They need warm, well-lit homes to enable a comfortable learning environment where they can focus. And as we each do our part to continue to mitigate the virus’s spread, staying healthy and safe, families need access to running water. Finally, our work prevents families from making hard decisions on spending limited funds, resulting in at least one need not being met. Our mission now is more vital than ever.
THAW is dedicated to the safety of staff, partners, and supporters. We are closely monitoring the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The format of the Night of Warm Hearts Gala may be altered based on Fall conditions.