State Emergency Relief (SER)

The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) wants to make it easier for you to get the help you need to afford your utility bill.


1) Apply for State Emergency Relief (SER) through MDHHS:

A. Online at B. At your local MDHHS office


If you have further questions please call THAW’s Utility Assistance Center 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m. M-F at 800-866-8429, and a specialist will be able to assist you.


  • Apply for State Emergency Relief (SER)
  • Apply Online at

Eligibility Requirements

Income Requirements