State Emergency Relief (SER)
1. Apply for State Emergency Relief (SER) through Michigan Department of Health and Human Services MDHHS one of three ways.
- A. In person at THAW’s office at 535 Griswold Suite 200, Detroit, MI 48226. We have computers available for you to use to apply. THAW has completed training with MDHHS to help you apply using the MI Bridges system.
- B. Online at newmibridges.michigan.gov.
- C. Mail or deliver paper application; available at your local MDHHS office, THAW’s office or printed from the MDHHS website.
2. Complete THAW’s application for an Affordable Payment Plan and/or Self Sufficiency Services which can help you lower you monthly payments as well as start your journey to self-sufficiency.
If you have further questions please call THAW’s Utility Assistance Center 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m. M-F at 800-866-8429, and a specialist will be able to assist you.