skip to main content

MSHDA (Michigan State Housing Development Authority) has federal funds available to help tenants facing pandemic-related hardships avoid eviction while also ensuring landlords can recoup owed rent through the COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) program. MSHDA administers CERA through its statewide network of local nonprofit agencies. We encourage everyone who is eligible to apply today and take advantage of a program that can help restore housing stability.

Visit here to learn more about the benefits and eligibility of CERA.

How to Apply

Apply online through the State of Michigan

Frequently Asked Questions

Can THAW help me apply for CERA?

No, THAW cannot provide direct application assistance to applicants for this program. Click ‘Apply Online’ to begin the application. If you are still in need of support after applying for help through CERA, contact THAW.