Application due: November 3, 2023 * Classification: Full-time employment * Reports to: VP of Finance
The Accounting Manager is responsible for general ledger management, account reconciliation, depreciation and accruals, restricted asset releases, A/R collections, and preliminary monthly accounting cycle closing.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
• Serve as back up for various responsibilities within the Finance department when staff is out.
• Assist with the agency and grant budget preparation.
• Lead month-end accounting close process.
• Prepare Financial reports for the Board of Directors and sub committees.
• Review accounts payable transactions for accuracy prior to payment/posting and facilitate bank processing/payments.
• Create journal entries for monthly investments , interest earnings/losses and other entries as necessary.
• Supervise Staff Accountant.
• Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in various PC software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer, Outlook etc.).
• Thorough knowledge of GAAP requirements and how they apply to a non-profit organization.
• Advanced concepts, principles, practices and procedures of internal accounting operations.
• Advanced knowledge of work paper preparation, general ledger management, budgeting, financial analysis, monthly reporting, financial statement preparation and audit coordination.
Skills and Abilities
• Competence in general ledger database, preferably Financial Edge software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be detailed oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
• Must meet deadlines.
• Ability to follow up on pending issues.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Senior Accountant and/or Accounting Supervisor.
• Preferred experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting software.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases.
• Required accounting experience in a Non-profit organization.
Education – Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and to stand, walk, bend or lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
THAW will make reasonable accommodations necessary to comply with the ADAA regulations.
Limited local travel for this position may be required (5-25%). Employee must have use of reliable transportation. A valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance is required if using a personal vehicle on company business.
This position operates in professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
THAW has instituted mandatory vaccine requirements and Covid Protocols for all staff to ensure staff and visitor safety. Currently, staff are required to work a hybrid schedule (rotating 2-3 days in the office, with a minimum of 10 days per month).
The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) is an equal opportunity employer. THAW does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
"*" indicates required fields