Consumers Affordable Resource for Energy – CARE
CARE is an energy bill discount program for income qualified Consumers Energy customers. Consumers Energy is helping qualified customers afford and better manage their monthly energy costs. Space is limited and applications are received on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Program benefits include:
- Up to a 40% bill credit on monthly energy charges through September 2015.
- Forgiveness on past due balances (30% at enrollment + the remainder throughout the program year).
- Access to energy-saving tools to make your home more energy efficient!
Enrollment deadline: Friday, March 27th, 2015
Missing documentation deadline: Monday, March 16th, 2015
Enrollment Process is as simple as 1,2,3:
1. Click here to download and print a CARE application. Complete the application (make sure you sign page 7).
2. Include a copy of all required documents listed on the CARE application checklist.
3. Mail, email, or fax to THAW
Mail: The Heat and Warmth Fund, ATTN: CARE 607 Shelby, Suite 400 Detroit, MI 48226
For more information visit the Consumers Energy Website.