- Enroll in DTE Energy’s LSP plan.
- Once enrolled you will pay a fixed monthly amount for your utilities, and the program will pay the difference between the plan amount and your monthly bill.
- Other program benefits include access to dedicated Customer Advocates, self-sufficiency training, protection from shutoff, no future late payment charges and the reduction of your outstanding balance.
- Any three missed payments during the year will result in plan termination.
- To qualify, income must be equal to or less than 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) Guidelines (see chart below).
- You must not have used more than $2500 in natural gas for the year, $2000 in electricity for the year or $4500 in both natural gas and electricity.
- Must have an active service and no unauthorized usage.
- Arrears must not exceed $2,800.
Eligible households must be at or below 150% FPL. The following 2017 guidelines for monthly household income will be in effect:
|Household Size||Monthly Income|
* For each additional household member, add $522.50.